If you purchased the Premium service level of Web Builder Express, we will provide you with up to five e-mail accounts. This page describes how to change your password in Microsoft Outlook Express.
Important Note: If you change the password you use to log into Web Builder Express, you must also update the password that Microsoft Outlook Express uses to access your e-mail. This is because the password that Microsoft Outlook Express uses to access your e-mail is stored on your PC, and it should be the same as the password you use to access Web Builder Express.
Suggestion: You may want to print out this page and use it as a reference when you change your password.
1. Start Outlook Express: You can probably find Outlook Express this way:
- Click the Windows Start button at the bottom left of your screen
- Click Programs
- Click Outlook Express.
However, your computer may be configured differently.
2. On the main Outlook Express menu:
- Click the Tools menu
- Click the Accounts menu option
3. On the “Internet Accounts” window:
- Click the Mail tab
- Select your e-mail account.
- Click Properties.
4. On the “Properties” window:
- Click the Server tab
- Under "Incoming Mail Server", enter your new password in the "Password" field.
- Under "Outoing Mail Server", confirm that "My server requires authentication" is checked ON.
- Click on the "Settings" button
5. On the “Outgoing Mail Server” window:
- Confirm that the button which reads “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” is checked ON.
- Click OK.
6. On the “Properties” tab:
- Click the OK button
7. On the “Internet Accounts” tab:
- Click the Close button
Remember: To send any outgoing mail and collect any incoming mail:
- Click the “Outlook Express” folder
- Click the Send/Recv button on the top toolbar
Back to How to get started using Web Builder Express
Return to the Summary page.